A virtual private server (VPS) is a virtual machine sold as a service.
A VPS runs its own copy of an operating system, and customers have superuser-level access to that operating system instance, so they can install almost any software that runs on that OS. They are functionally equivalent to a dedicated physical server, and being software-defined, are able to be much more easily created and configured. They are priced much lower than an equivalent physical server.
The information system of the company rarely needs the power of a physical server, and it makes no sense to pay for the entire server, if the load most of the time does not exceed 10%. A physical server rent can afford only large companies or businesses with a high level of income. But VPS can even rent a small company or organization, which have a small site, online shop or portal.
Advantages of rent models:
• Fast - the timely deployment of operating systems;
• Simple - the whole IT infrastructure is supported by professionals;
• Profitable - no need to worry about the renewal of licenses and equipment;
• Inexpensive - no need to pay a large sum at once, but only controlled monthly payments;
• Easy - server configuration varies depending on the needs: memory / hard disk, processing power, licenses, etc .;
• Convenient - the possibility of additional services administration;
• Mobility - you can work anywhere in the world where there is access to the Internet;
• Reliable - the ability to backup and monitoring processes;
• Safe - placement in a closed server room;
The customer can host on the virtual server is the software that it needs to:
• Accounting Software 1C; HansaWorld; SAF etc .;
• Mail server;
• Production software, storage systems, logistics solutions;
• Document management solutions MS SharePoint, etc .;
• Special software, software development;
• Virtual server placement in a specially equipped server room with restricted access, with a constant temperature environment and e-security 24 hours;
• Redundancy of server resources (CPU, memory, hard drives);
• Ensuring uninterruptible power supply (UPS);
• Availability of high-speed synchronous Internet Channel 1Gb / 1Gb;